Restrict MSN Messenger to certain user groups

  • From: "Peter Herbison" <pherbiso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:25:38 +1100

Does anybody know how I could use ISA Server to restrict the use of MSN
Messenger to certain users/groups? I want some users to be able to use it
and others not.

I have seen various discussions about how to disable/uninstall MSN but I
want to have it available to just selected users.

Watching MSN sessions through ISA I see that the username is anonymous. How
can I get MSN to authenticate to ISA correctly?

My client machines are Win2000 and WinXPPro with the firewall client
installed.

Thanks

Peter Herbison