Replace Netopia with Cisco 1720 router w/ADSL card and keep ISA2K4???

  • From: MarvinC <marvinc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ISA Admin <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:21:10 -0500

Can anyone provide feedback on the pros and cons of removing my Netopia and
replacing it with a Cisco 1720 router that has an xDSL card? I run a W2K3
environment with ISA2K4 on a business DSL. From what I've read on this Cisco
router it has some of the same features as the Netopia plus a few more. The
only thing it doesn't have is Wireless which the Netopia does. The plan is
to put some of this Cisco equipment I have to use and start learning to
incorporate it into my own knowledge base.
Right now my setup looks like this:

Internet

Netopia Router

ISA2K firewall

Internal Network

Published Services
80 - Web server
25 - Exchange server
445 - SSL
3389 - TS

I've got the following:
Cisco 1720 w/DSL card
Cisco 2600
Cisco 2900

I'm not sure how some will interpret the question but the main objective is
to learn to incorporate multiple levels of security with the least amount of
financial output. Therefore responses from anyone that has navigated this
path is appreciated.

TIA