RRAS and ISA

  • From: "Saptoyo" <saptoyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:23:41 -0700

I read it somewhere that it is not a good idea to run RRAS in the same
server where ISA reside, is that correct?  My understanding from the
reading state that the user may loop around the RRAS, especially if you
are running in the firewall mode.

Secondly, if I don't use RRAS, how would I be able to address map an
internal IP to an external one statically.  I need to use static mapping
for some certain services that we need to have.  I know that only RRAS can
do that.  However, at this time, I am not successful in doing the static
map when both services are up.  Any suggestion?

I did put secondary addresses on the NIC (by doing the advance feature),
however, all the services still come out to the "external nic" address.  I
only want a certain users to be able to use the services.  I know that I
can assigned the external nic to have an IP address that will provide the
service, but that mean I am letting everyone to be able to access the
"limited" service.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Saptoyo Soemampauw, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, CCNA, CCDA, CNA
1307 San Jacinto, 11th Floor, Houston, Texas 77002
e-mail: saptoyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx