[isalist] Re: RPC over HTTP (Almost there...)

  • From: "Tom Rogers" <trogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:18:48 -0400

I created the OWA rule using the Exchange publishing wizard. I added the /RPC*
path to the list.

> At no time was there any mention of making your Exch server a DC/GC.

I was told to make the single Exchange box a DC/GC. He also told me to contact
him if I needed anymore help. maybe it is not officially in the records because
that was not the issue IO called in about, but it DID happen - I don't care
what you were told.

BTW Jim, Microsoft published a book on Windows 2003 Server Environment for
Medium Businesses (51-250 computers). In this book it shows the recommended
network layout. It has an ISA 2004 server, It has a main DC/GC running all the
basic infrastructure services, it shows a single Exchange 2003 server - which
is ALSO a DC/GC and a backup DNS, WINS, DHCP server as well, and a Management
server running MOM, WSUS.

So Microsoft official DOES recommend Exchange 2003 server being a backup DC/GC
server also running DNS, WINS, DHCP (not running, but ready to go), at lease
for medium sized businesses. I have the book....

Here is a link or two or three, showing this in their documentation right
online as well....

http://tinyurl.com/gdhmd

http://tinyurl.com/esfl3

http://tinyurl.com/oucd2