RES: RE: ISA Server and Beyond now available from amamz on and barnes and noble

  • From: "Pataro (Sistemas)" <pataro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:05:43 -0300

Hi Tom!

I've just joined to this list, but I've already read many articles by you.

But there is something I simply couldn't understand which is "packet
filters" when I have a three-homed ISA server.

What I don't understand is the traffic between the DMZ and the external
network. When I try to create a packet filter between them I ask to myself:
"what is an INBOUND traffic?", "what is an OUTBOUND traffic?". Aren't they
both external? What should be the reference point to find out what is IN and
OUT?

Could you give me a clearer explanation about this?

Could you give me an example of allowing a traffic from External net to DMZ?
And also the same traffic from DMZ to External?

Not even the Microsoft Professional Supporte gave me a good explanation...

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Antonio PATARO Reis
pataro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx