RES: ISA 2004 against other manufacturers firewalls

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:46:43 -0200

Well paul, if you get this list's archives, you'll see a lot of posts from Tom
about multiple PIX vulnerabilites, for an instance. If your manager isn't
comfortable with security vulnerabilites, he'd be better off the Internet then.

Any solution, ISA, Pix, Checkpoint, linux, will require regular monitoring and
maintanance and updates. But it would be a really bad choice to migrate from
ISA to anything, except for another ISA ;)

I really get annoyed with this "Microsoft isn't safe" talk. Ask him when did
ISA 2000 crash. Fortunately, all my customers who said that currently have an
ISA firewall and they do truely forget that the ISA firewall's there ! ;)

Tiago