RE : RE: Installing caching only with SBS

  • From: "Giroux, Frederic" <fgiroux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:38:32 -0500

Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx  said...

        uninstall ISA then insatall again it on sbs machine. you can
install it with integrated or caching or firewall mode.

            I tried, several times, with the same result.  Did you try
with success?  If so, tell me how :-)

            Fred

                        I _believe_ that integrated mode is the only
installation option in SBS.

                        Why do you want cache only mode?  Is web the
only thing that's going in/out?
  _____

                                The client already has a firewall and
that machine is already a DC, an Exchange Server, a DNS server, will
possibly become a DHCP server and even more...

                                To respect the licensing, ISA needs to
be on that machine but including the firewall services would be way too
much (especially because they don't need it).

                                They wanted the acceleration functions
of ISA since they already paid for them.  But, if it can't be installed
in caching mode only, that'll be it!

                                Thanks!

                                Fred