RE: RDP SERVER

  • From: "Young, Gerald G" <Gerald.Young@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:54:44 -0600

I don't know if this is [still] true or not but I've heard that RDP,
regardless of server, uses the same key for encryption and even though
you use high encryption for the RDP session, because that key is already
known, someone could decrypt the traffic (gain your username and
password).  Most people will RDP through a VPN tunnel or create a
website with an RDP ActiveX control on it that is accessed over HTTPS.

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II
  MCSE (4.0/W2K)
Atlanta EES Implementation Team Lead