[isalist] Re: Question about network routes

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:57:25 -0500

Keep in mind if you have many separate segments in that range, you can still
consolidate into a single static route statement.

For example, if you had 8 /24 segments in the bottom of that range, rather
than creating individual static routes for:

192.168.0.0/24 192.168.1.1
192.168.0.2/24 192.168.1.1
192.168.0.3/24 192.168.1.1
192.168.0.4/24 192.168.1.1
192.168.0.5/24 192.168.1.1
192.168.0.6/24 192.168.1.1
192.168.0.7/24 192.168.1.1

You could consolidate that into the following single static route:

192.168.0.0/21 192.168.1.1

Ultimately, easier to manage that way.

Just don't forget to add those ranges to the Internal Network Element in
ISA, though, otherwise ISA won't consider them protected or even part of the
Internal network.