Question about configuration...

  • From: "Steve Groner" <steve_groner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:07:31 -0600

On my network, I currently host multiple different domain names on my own
DNS server internally.  Each of my machines internally have public ip
addresses which are assigned via my DHCP server.  I am pondering
installing ISA server, but I see it wants you to use private IP addresses
internally.  I have no problem doing this but INTERNIC is point to both my
internal primary dns and secondary dns for resolution to my internal
websites / ftp sites, etc.  I am having a real difficult time
understanding how the dns portion is going to work.  Anyone out there will
to spend a few minutes with me either through ICQ or somthing to answer
some questions.  Since this is difficult to implement in a test
environment and then rollout to production, I want to make sure it is done
right the first time to eliminate downtime.  Thanks in advance for all
your reponses.

Steve Groner
LANI.COM