[isalist] Publishing a SSH Server (was: Linux as a SecureNET client)

  • From: Wilmar Perez <ewdpb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to publish an internal SSH server without much success so far.  What
I did was to use the Server Publishing Rule and createa SSH server protocol
listening on inbound connection to port 22 through the external interface and
redirecting the request to the internal IP address of the SSH server.
Everytime I try to connect from an external clients the connection just gets
drop by the Default Rule.
The network relationship between my DMZ (where the SSH Server is) and the
External Network is NAT.

I hope anyone can give me a hint on this.

Thanks a lot.

Wilmar Perez