[isalist] Re: Publishing Secure Web site. Error Code: 500

  • From: Faraz Hassan Khan <f_hkhan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 04:12:46 -0700 (PDT)

OK, JIM, Now i have imported the root certificate to the trusted root
certification authority store at ISA server. BUT the error now changes and
whenever any external user accesses that secure site it says : Error Code: 500
Internal Server Error. The target principal name is incorrect. (-2146893022)
what does it mean?

Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Must reading error text.

* Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The certificate chain was issued by an
authority that is not trusted. (-2146893019)

This is very clear - the certificate passed to ISA from the upstream server is
issued by a certificate authority that is unknown to the server where ISA
resides.
You need to import the CA cert into the ISA local machine trusted root store.
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
http://isatools.org
Read the help / books / articles!

I published a secure website, but when external users try to access that they
recieve error

* Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The certificate chain was issued by an
authority that is not trusted. (-2146893019)

The Certificate Common name is same as the FQDN of the website bmj.tzo.com but
i am still having this problem?