Publish WindowsMedia-Server on Port 80 behind ISA-Server

  • From: "Pujan S." <psaharkhiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:30:11 -0600

For our project we need a WindowsMedia-Server to publish several
MediaFiles.
To avoid problems with the firewalls of our customers, we enabled HTTP
streaming [Port 80]for Windows Media Unicast service.
At the ISA-Server, we defined a DestinationSet and established a
WebPublishingRule.

But when we try to access the MediaFile via official FQDN [media.xyz.net],
we get the following MediaPlayer-Error:
"Windows Media Player cannot find the file. The server name, shared
directory name, or file name may be incorrect."
It doesn't matter whether we try it from the Intra- or the InterNet.

When we use the local FQDN [media.corp.xyz.net], it works fine in the
Intranet.

But when we create an asx-File by the MediaServer with the official FQDN,
it also works from both sides.

Which possibilities do we have to publish our MediaFiles through the
ISA-Server by using the official FQDN on port 80?

Thanks,

P. Saharkhiz