Publish IBM AS400 telnet server behind ISA server

  • From: "Robert Chestnutt" <chestnuttr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:28:44 -0600

I have an IBM AS400 located behind my ISA server that I have published to
the internet so my remote users can telent in to the AS400.  The setup
works fine except that when a remote user looses internet connection for
any reason the AS400 does not see that he is gone and his session must be
ended manually so he can get in again.  We use Network Address Translation
on the ISA server to redirect a public address outside to a private one
inside.  When we remove the ISA server and use a CISCO router to do the
NAT the AS400 does see the remotes when they drop and and automatically
ends their session so they can get right back on.  What is it that I need
to open on the ISA server to let the AS400 see the remotes that have
dropped?