Publish Exchange Problem

  • From: "Peter Forster" <PForster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:06:28 -0700

Hi, Peter I am having a situation with publishing my exchange server. At
first I did not have my exchange server set up as a secureNaT client due
to it being multihomed for routing, I now have it setup with the gateway
IP being the same as the ISA server internal IP. I have used the Publish
server wizard to create the Secure Mail server rules, in doing so it
finds the external Ip just fine but when I go to find the internal ip of
the exch server it finds the computer by name but when I click the Find
button it comes back with an error msg. saying it cannot find the IP
address of that server. So I proceed with entering the ip addr anyway,
the rules are created but then they show the rule with a reference to my
external ip of the ISA server. Also, I had the smtp service running to
see if that would do it but all my replys were being bounced back with
relay errors. I disabled the smtp service on the ISA box and the errors
stopped but the mail is still not reaching my mail server. Any pointers
would be helpful thanks.
Peter