Proxy Keeps Crashing

  • From: "James Capone" <pce3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:37:45 -0400

I have about 40 computers hitting the proxy during the day. For the most
part the proxy server keeps going down. No errors it just freezes and I have
to hard boot it to bring it back up. Does anyone have anything that may
help. When internal attpemt to pull up our website they can not. It works
outside  but not inside. This is the error we get on the Webpage.
"HTTP 502 Proxy Error - Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) network is
unreachable. For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help.
(10051)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server"

If they refresh their Browser screen they get the site to come up. When they
go to a new page it fails on their computer again. After a few minutes it
causes the server to crash. After a fresh reboot it is all fine but then
again I have to go through the whole process again. This is a new network to
me so I am not sure. Is there a Max/Min clients allowed setting on the ISA.
Also is there a time limit a connection is allowed that could be causing
this? I checked to make sure there where no "energy management" settings
that where on. So I am not sure why I have to continue to reboot the machine
so that people can reconnect to the Proxy. This only effects all internal
computers. Our external site is fine.

Thanks For the Help All...

James J. Capone

GIF image