Problems with dial up properties

  • From: "Ash Ridley" <ash.ridley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:42:43 -0000

Hi all,

I have a small problem with my ISA server which I cant find any details
on in the Microsoft web site and wondered if anyone else had encountered
the problem.

When I try to go into a dial up connection withing ISA I get an error
saying that the selected connection doesn't exist on one or more member
servers. Unfortunately this is the only ISA server on the network. If I
try to change the selected connection I get an unspecified error
0x80004005 saying the property page cannot be loaded. I have also tried
creating a brand new dial up entry and then creating the corresponding
entry in ISA but I get the same problem (i.e. that the connection
doesn't exist on one of the member servers)

I have installed SP1 on this system when it was first released but had
to reinstall ISA server (over the top of the existing install) and SP1
last week due to unspecific error preventing the services from starting
(I believe due to another application I installed and have since
removed). Unfortunately I don't know when this problem occurred as this
is the first time I have needed to edit the dial up setting since the
original installation.

Any thoughts on how to get around this? I really don't want to have to
uninstall and reinstall if I can help it

Cheers

Ash