Problem with Outlook Express and the webproxy client

  • From: "Jean-Claude CORNELY" <Jean-Claude.CORNELY@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Liste ISA (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:36:50 +0100

I have installed ISA Server on windows 2000 Server and have opened all ports to
access Internet that means zero security (for test purposal).  I have also
allowed anonymous acces.  But I'm not able to send/receive mail on my outlook
express.

On the client computer I have not installed firewall because I want to use GFI
Downloadsecurity.  I use the ISA Server IP Address to access Internet on my IE6
browser on the client computer.  There is no problem with Internet and the
Webproxy.  Also, Msn Messenger works fine through IE6 proxy settings.

This is the error I get while I press "Send/Receive" button on outlook express.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.gmx.et', Server:
'pop3.gmx.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10065, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

As soon as I install the firewall client there is no more problem with OE but
that doesn't solve my problem.

This problem is blocking me for one week now and my manager is pushing me to
install the GFI DownloadSecurity, can you perhaps say me what's wrong or where
I should look.

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Claude Cornely.