Re: Problem with Firewall Client

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 06:36:37 -0700

How do they get their IP settings?
Are you using any other protocols?

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG

----- Original Message -----
From: <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 2:26 AM
Subject: [isalist] Problem with Firewall Client

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi
We are having problems with some of the machines on our network using the
Firewall Client.
My understanding is that its best practice to use the Firewall Client?
We have 16 machines on our internal network - 4 of them servers and 12 of
them being client machines.
We haven't installed the FWC on the server as they act as our DNS, web,
Exchange and AD servers. One of them is also our ISA server.
On the 12 client machines, all but 4 work perfectly. All machines are
Win2k SP2. However on the machines that don't work - the users can't even
log into the network! They can't access their exchange accounts using
Outlook - they can't find the domain controller, so they can't log in -
nothing!
If we uninstall the FWC then they work fine?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Bernard