Re: Problem accessing video on cnn.com

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:11:14 -0800

There's no great advantage to disabling WMP UDP functionality unless you're
blocking at the ISA.
That the WMP can't open a dynamic HTML page to play it is no great surprise,
and even "by design" behavior.
The error you sent isn't a streaming media request at all
(http://ads.web.aol.com/html/93102133/aol?NM=H), but another advertisement
for AOL.  Are you blocking ad sites?

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG