RE: Problem Redirect URL

  • From: "Spencer Read" <spencer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:25:54 -0000

I'm no expert but as the experts have helped me I will try.

Create a new destination set and put download.com in the NAME box, click ADD
and type in *.download.com into the DESTINATION box.  In the PATH box type
in /* and click OK

Now create a new Site and Content rule called Block Download.com and click
on NEXT, in the action dialogue box choose DENY and put a tick in the box
labeled 'If HTTP request, redirect to this site' and type in your desired
page - I uses http://217.xx.xx.xx and this worked fine.  Click NEXT then
choose 'Specified Destination Set' and choose download.com from the list and
click NEXT. Click on NEXT then NEXT and then FINISH.

I have tried this (in the last few minutes) and it does work.  You also need
to know that I'm pretty sure the clients have to be WEB PROXY clients for
this to work.

Regards

...Spence