Re: Priority by Protocol

  • From: "IT House" <ithouse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:00:54 +0100

Thanks Jim for your reply.

I will be using Net2phone client devices and computers running the Net2phone
application. The goals basically are to ensure that this traffic is given
special priority, over browsing and other related services. The essence being,
to ensure that given tolerable fluctuations in available bandwidth, the VOIP
calls should remain clear. I quite understand the issue of ISA allocating
bandwidth in percentages and not bps, so it obviously cannot make a particular
amount of bandwidth always available for this application. What I really need
to know is, how would I go about implementing it with it's given ability for my
chosen situation.

Thanks.

Ade Oke
IT House (Internet Solution Consultants)
14 Estaport Avenue,
Sholuyi Gbagada,
Lagos.
+234-0803-3337330