Port Scan Attack.

  • From: "Javid M Patel" <jeck_009@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:32:55 -0600

Gentemen,

How can i resolve the port scan attack problem.

We have got VSAT connection,
(W2k,SP3,ISA & Web proxy configured client)

Browsing is workin f9 on my client machine.The problem is when my client
try to connect microsoft outlook to collect the emails from our external
hosted email server.It works for few hours & gives an error  msg "enable
to connect to pop3 server..check with your administrator or ISP".

I have check the event- Event :- 15105..." ISA Server detected an all port
scan attack for IP address 81.21.68.10 [which resolves
mail.4dmedia.co.uk(pop3-address)].

How can i get rid out of this problem.

Support will b highly appreciated.Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Jaweed Patel.