RE: Packet filter problem

  • From: tim S <tim724342@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:24:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jim :)

I am going to run the eithereal and check the logs.  However, if you can clear
this for me.  Does creating a packet filter with  'ANY' protocol, 'BOTH'
directions, 'ALL' local ports and 'ALL' remote ports work?  If it does work, it
would be similar to disabling the packet filtering feature right?

The weird thing is the application works fine if the traffic goes through the
WAN and hits the target server.   But if I take the ISA and put it in a private
network where a router to router VPN tunnel connects the target server, the app
has problem.  If remove the packet filter, everything seems to work fine.  BTW,
the app connects to a SQL server on a remote network.

Thanks
ts

Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}http://www.ISAserver.org

Use the logs, Luke.

ISA logs all the traffic it sees.

You can read through the packet filter logs to see what traffic the application
is trying to send that gets blocked.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG

   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/

   http://isatools.org