On Packet filters security etc...

  • From: "Watts, Jeb" <Jwatts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:15:46 -0500

I have been noticing what ISA is calling "port scan attacks" for the past week
or so from the same IP address. I am just getting my feet wet with trying to
monitor security closely and don't mean to sound like a complete idiot. (Oops!
To late?)  Does this mean someone is purposely scanning my ISA server for holes
or could it be something non intentional? Is there really anything that can be
done about it? I have already found out who owns that block of ip addresses
provided the source address is not being spoofed. Does Tom's book cover
questions about what the different log messages mean? Thanks!

Jeb