OWA, SSL, and ISA

  • From: "Bailey, Matthew" <MBailey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:15:46 -0700

I have my OWA server published through ISA using KB Article 290113.  We
are now adding a SSL Cert to the server and want to publish it through
ISA.  It appears there are 2 methods for doing it:

1. Export the SSL Cert to ISA
2. Use a server publising to publish the SSL website

It appears the that Option 1 has a few issues with it namely KB 307347
and increased overhead.  I am leaning towards using a server publishing
rule to do this but I have a concern.

I want to continue to use http while I test the https connections and it
will take some time for all my users to convert over to using https. How
will setting up the server publish described in KB 298900 effect the
current web publishing of the same site on port 80?  Can they live in
harmony?

Links for the articles mentioned above:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;298900
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307347