OWA HTTPS [Enterprise] Default rule Denial

  • From: "Young, Gerald G" <Gerald.Young@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:06:17 -0600

All,

I'm having a problem with getting OWA working through ISA as expected.

If I point the URL for OWA to https://domain.com/exchange, a connection
is made and the OWA page displays.  However, if I go to
https://domain.com, I consistently get denied connections due to the
[Enterprise] Default rule kicking in stating that the ISA server denied
that URL.  The URL field in the logged event shows up as
http://domain.com instead of http://domain.com:443.  The same field when
going to https://domain.com/exchange shows up in the logs as
http://domain.com:443/exchange.

Anyone know what's causing this behavior?

Since this is being logged by the Web Proxy Filter, I'm guessing
something related to that configuration but I'll be damned if I can
figure it out.

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II
  MCSE (4.0/W2K)