[isalist] OT: RDP Encryption Strength

  • From: "Young, Gerald G" <Gerald.Young@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:12:12 -0500

Awhile back, I had made a comment that indicated the encryption strength
of the RDP protocol could potentially be insecure.  That statement had
been based on a conversation I had with a coworker.  Someone from the
list had pointed out that Microsoft released a fix for that issue and
that it had been resolved.

Since then, I have found the original source of that concern.  The
following link is to a white paper that describes the weakness and
continues to insist that it still exists.

http://www.oxid.it/downloads/rdp-gbu.pdf

Thoughts?  Comments?

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II