OT: Equifax

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:56:02 -0800

I just love this crap-- this from an email from Equifax:

<snip>

"Someone can steal your identity in seconds - without you even knowing it. But it can take you over a year to clear your name and cost you thousands of dollars. With recent stories of identity theft in the news, safeguarding your identity is important now more than ever. You've worked hard to build your credit and your good name - protect it.
For only $69.95, Equifax Credit WatchT Gold..."

</snip>

The reason my identity can be stolen in seconds is because of the infrastructure these people have built while making a killing reporting other people's data to untrusted sources. Now they want me to pay $70 to protect myself from their mistakes. That chaps my ass.