Non-Standard OWA Publishing Question

  • From: "Bret Hanson" <Bhanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:55:52 -0600

I am testing ISA 2004 for our site - we have an ISA 2000 box in production
at the present.

Our current ISA configuration passes SSL OWA traffic directly through to
our Exchange Server (no bridging).

As I am setting up OWA access on the ISA 2004 box I notice that this is
not an option when using the Wizard, however I can set it up using a
simple web publishing rule.  I am assuming that since this configuration
is not an option in the Mail Server Publishing Wizard that there is
something wrong with it.   We do this because we keep a PIX configured
offline to jump in if our ISA box ever goes down.

My questions are:

Are there security risks publishing OWA this way?
If so, what are they?

Thank you,
Bret