[isalist] Re: New to ISA server

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:35:20 -0800

Are you sure?
Any machine acquiring this address is effectively unable to communicate with
any other host on the network, unless your DHCP server is also assigning
addresses from the 169.354/16 range.

Are they so small that everything is on a single network switch?
If so, you can use NetMon or whatever network traffic capture tool you prefer
to watch for that IP address.
The MAC address will tell you what machine owns this IP.

Jim