Network feedback

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:03:19 -0700

Hello All,

I finally got 2004! Lots of things are different in the released
version.  I've studied the object model and
Am getting a handle of that.

With the new version I'm going to make some major changes with something
like this and
If I could receive some feedback that would be great.

External ISA

-->IDS (DMZ) Nothing Else published at this level except for SNORT

   NIC 1(Incoming)
Internal ISA
   NIC 2 ( sub-net)
-->DMZ (SMTP FORWARDER), WEB SERVERS, DNS, <NOTE: I'M thinking of using
VPC 2004 to publish outbound cache DNS>

   NIC 3 ( sub-net)
-->Parameter (like the article - Authenticated Exchange, Authenticated
STMP forwarder, Authenticated SQL, maybe authenticated WEB Server)
              Is this where you would place Share point?
   NIC 4 ( sub-net)
-->Internal Network (Exchange, AD, etc)

Would it also be a good idea to have layer 3 switches at each NIC?

I'm going to work night and day on this for the next 2 days. Have to
have VPN and RDP setup by the
Time I head out. <grin>

Thank you,

Joseph