Need some help with site & Content Rule

  • From: mohammed tantawi <mmtantawi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:23:43 +0100 (BST)

Dear All,

i have here problem with ISA, its only one server which i am working on now in
My lap there is no any client now at all - i am stand alone  server with one
NIC & other virtual NIC. , its P4 512MB RAM & windows 2000 Advanced server with
ISA 2000. i am connecting to internet with dial up .

=========

i want to prevent yahoo site , i made as following:-

   go to destination Set, then create destination set & i named with this
frindely name Deny Yahoo.
   go to site and content rule & make a new rule
   choose deny
   choose specific destination set & choose the one which i name it with (*
Deny yahoo).
   choose schedule (Always ).
   choose any request
   in HTTP Content, i choose All content Group. - even if i changed to selected
content group & choose select all, i found it its able to connect to internet
in Yahoo site.

then i restart the server & the services, but when i connect to internet agian,
i found my self able to Access Yahoo site from the local machine - ISA server -
, i wrote like that :-

http://www.yahoo.com.

i did not do any thing in Protocol Rules , only i made all of that on my isa
server .

can please any one help me how can i solve the Problem , Please .

thanks for all of you guys for your support & help.

Best Regards,

MMT

IT Specialst,

Saudi Arabia