Need Help! RRAS / VPN problems on ISA

  • From: Warren Cundy <warrenc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver. org Discussion List (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:53:58 -0800

Hi All,

I've got a RRAS/VPN setup on my stand alone ISA Server, and and all of the
sudden this morning it stops taking VPN connections, the clients get
disconnected, and the following error is in the logs:

Event ID 20073

The following error occurred in the Point to Point Protocol module on port:
VPN4-127, UserName: DOMAIN\username. The authentication server did not
respond to authentication requests in a timely fashion.

The appropriate KB is Q227747, but I tried this and it didn't work (both
adding the vpn server to RAS/IAS group and the netsh command line).

Can anyone help with any explanation?  I am currently applying Sp2 to the
ISA machine in hopes that will make a difference... but I'm all out of
ideas.  I've tried disabling and then re-configuring RRAS, but that doesn't
seem to help.  The "connection failed" comes back immediately on the clients
and the error log shows the above right away.

Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks.

-Warren