NTLM authentication with IE 4.0 SP 2

  • From: LCHUZEL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:34:03 +0200

Hi ,

right now i use MS PROXY 2.0 SP1 in my company and i'm looking to install
ISA in an NT4 Domain but i would like to  know a few things :

1- I read that my users need at least Internet Explor 5.0 for Transparent
NTLM authentication ( right now all my computers work on NT4 workstation
with IE 4 SP2 ) .
I don't want my users to receive a popup to authenticate and we don't want
to change our Internt Explorer version .

2 - Konwing that i use an inside proxy ( member of a domain )  where all my
users authenticate and that this proxy forward their requests to a proxy in
a DMZ ( in a workgroup ) in a anonymous mode
 i would like to know if i need to change at the same time my inside and my
outside proxy .

3 - Is ISA support multi processing ?

4 - Does ISA need an active directory for beeing able to work in an array
mode ( i ask this for my outside proxy wich is in WORKGROUP )

5 - I would like to know if ISA is able to forward NTLM authentication in
REVERSE PROXY mode

6 - I would like to lock the number of sessions that my users are allowed to
open . Is it possible to do that with isa .

7 - With Proxy 2.0 it was not possible to use WINSOCK for other protocol
than HTTP HTTPS and passive FTP with 2 proxy ( an inside proxy wich forward
is request to an outside proxy ) .
Does isa able to do that ?

8 - I would like to know if auto discovery works well with Internet Explorer
4.0 SP 2  ?

Thanks for the answers

> Laurent Chuzel - Architecture Sécurité NT
        RES\DOS\IRS\INL\INT
> lchuzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Tél : 01.41.09.27.06

        VENI VIDI VICI