Multiple Web Site Publishing with no DNS entry - Help!?!

  • From: Fabián Alves <falves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:09:32 -0300

Hi,
            I'm having a strange situation with my ISA Server. It's
implemented in a Windows 2000 Server machine and it has 5 web sites
published.
            One of the sites is published with an external IP that has
no DNS entry. When I publish a second web server using another public
external IP with no DNS entry associated it gets published in the 2
external IP addresses. The publishing order defines witch one is getting
published.

For example:

            Internal Site                   External IP
Order
            -----------------                   ----
--------
            www.x.com <http://www.x.com/>                    200.21.21.1
1
            www.y.com <http://www.y.com/>                    200.21.21.2
2

The site www.x.com <http://www.x.com/>  becomes published in 200.21.21.1
and 200.21.21.2 and can't access the www.y.com <http://www.y.com/>
site.
If I change the publishing order:

            Internal Site                   External IP
Order
            -----------------                   ----
--------
            www.y.com <http://www.y.com/>                    200.21.21.2