Re: Multiple Maildomains and ISA

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:02:12 -0700

You only get once certificate per web listener, so if you must have separate
domain names as you've indicated, you'll have to get more IP addresses.

You could use a single certificate as *.domain.com and make the connections as
owa1.domain.com, owa2.domain.com, etc.

This would allow you to use a single listener and multiple wpublishing rules to
answer this problem.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 03:06:10 -0600
 "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi together!
I have FE/BE Exchange im internal network and publish Exhange on ISA
Server 2004 which is on the perimeter network.
I have only one IP address for ISA external NIC. I want to publish
multiple Maildomains for OWA / OMA / RPC over HTTP and also IMAP4/POP3. I
want to use for each publishing the secure publishing with certificates.
I tried, for example, OWA publishing for two maildomains:
owa.domainA.com
owa.domainB.com

I defined Web listener on the external IP of ISA with form-based
authentication for owa.domainA.com. On this listener, I bound the
certificate for domainA and published owa.domainA.com. I tested OWA
connections. It worked well.
Then I tried to define the second OWA publishing for owa.domainB.com.
Because of certificate, I had to define another Web listener and the
certificate for domainB. Unfortunately I cannot bind the same IP address
for different listeners!!!
Is there any solution for it?
If not, must I need so many external IP addresses on ISA external NIC like
the number of maildomains?

Best Regards.
Mustafa