Multiple FTP Server publishing

  • From: "Pete Moran" <isa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:02:48 +0800

Hi All,

This might be considered "Advanced ISA" or "Impossible ISA" (I hope not). :)

Our client has a number of FTP servers scattered around various satellite
offices. ISA is at the border onto thel internet for these offices.
Currently we have a Server Publishing Rule publishing one internal FTP
server on the ISA's external interface with "FTP Server" as the mapped
protocol. The satellite offices then collect from that server. This is slow
and stuffs too much data down one pipe.

What we'd like to do is publish multiple internal FTP servers which have
different internal IPs as office1.domain.com, office2.domain.com etc. after
removing the protocol map, but I can't seem to make it work. Is this because
the publishing listener for FTP services doesn't map the destination header
like web publishing?

Can the above be done without multiple external IPs on the ISA border?

Kind regards,

Pete Moran