Multihomed network and ISA 2004

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:07:36 -0700

Hi All,

I've never used more then 2 network cards in a box. Don't know why but
have never had a need.
Now, with my new setup I'm using 4 NIC's in my back end firewall

INTERNAL 10.x.x.x
  NO GW
  HAS DNS SETTING

EXTERNAL 216.x.x.x
  HAS THE GW
  HAS DNS SETTING

DMZ 172.x.x.x
  NO GW
  HAS DNS SETTING

PERIMETER 192.x.x.x
  NO GW
  HAS DNS SETTING

I have used different IP address for each of the nic's this time. With
only one gateway on the external NIC
Card.  I'm unable to ping anything other then the external.  With the
way ISA sets up the networks with NAT or routes
Is it necessary to have multiple gateways on my NIC's?  I just want to
make sure that all is setup with net cards
First before I really open up this new environment.

Where is some good documentation that talks about multihomed machines
for windows 2003? Most information I have is for NT4 and W2K.

Thank you,

Joseph