Migrating to ISA Server 2004 help

  • From: "Raji Arulambalam" <RajiA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:08:47 +1200

I am trying to move to ISA Server 2004 by migrating the ISA Server 2000
configuration to another different server. The server names will be
different.

Ran the ISA Migration Wizard on the old ISA server 2000 computer.

I have built a new Windows 2003 server, installed ISA server 2004, installed
certificates. Has lots of disk and with 1GB RAM.

When I run the import, I get an error saying that the "import failed.. and
that there is not enough memory to complete the operation. Save your work
and try again".

Any clues why this message??.

I am following the docs on the CD with reference to upgrading from ISA 2000.
Have also seen KB article 838709. The article mentions about selecting
confidential information and user permissions, but thats not available when
run on ISA 2000. Also theres no ISAMigration.exe on the CD, ran the
migration tool from the cd startup page.

Also if you are migrating to another computer do you have to change the name
o the servers in the .xml file.??

Cheers

RajiA

Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any
way. If you receive this message in error, please let us know by return email
and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of Plenty is not responsible for
any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.