[isalist] Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-049 - Important: Vulnerability in Virtual PC and Virtual Server Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (937986)

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:06:55 -0700

Indeed.  And though you don't have the same "host OS" issues with ESX as
you do with Virt PC, etc, when you consider ESX's ability to intercept
IP calls from one guest to another and re-route them directly to the
guest without traversing the IP stack, one can't help but wonder what
sort of injection issues are possible - i.e., fuzzing the guest stack to
make the host puke...