Message Screener Exchange 5.5 Issue

  • From: "mmorgan" <mmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:30:46 -0600

I have setup message screener on my isa 2004 sp1 on a W2K3 sp1 server with
smtp vertual server on the same computer, exchange 5.5 is running on a
nt4.0 sp6a computer on my internal network. The problem i am having is
some messages are getting ndr's that say Unknown Recipient, but only from
certain senders. If i send a test message to the same recipient from my
hotmail account the message goes through fine. No domains are blocked, and
if i disable the message screener everything returns to normal. the only
thing i have blocked at this time is keywords which are set to forward to
my account if triggered. This problem happens when i turn off the smtp
filter and use the isa as a vurtual smtp server to relay to the exchange
5.5.