RE: Mcafee Update Solution

  • From: "Chris Bond" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:59:28 +0100

Creating a packet filter for Any TCP Traffic works.  The reason is it
ftp files in PASV mode not PORT.  This solution can make the server
insecure.  I tend to open the ports up do the update then close them off
again.

If anyone has a support contact with nai it would be worth asking them
if you can get to grab the update files via FTP in PORT mode.

Kind Regards,
Chris