Re: Mail blocked from an entire company?

  • From: "Deus, Attonbitus" <Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:06:56 -0700

At 07:53 AM 6/12/2003, you wrote:

http://www.ISAserver.org

Recently we received a call from one of our customers complaining that all email from that customer was not being received. After a bit of troubleshooting, we discovered in the logs that all packets were being dropped from that customers mail server by the firewall service.

Now we have a mail publishing rule that has been working fine for over a year...we send and receive email just fine over the internet with that published Exchange 5.5 bridgehead. Why on earth would it single out one particular mail server to drop all packets from? The only solution we could come up with was to create a packet filter to specifically allow traffic from that remote IP...to the published IP on the ISA server and everything worked fine.

Are you running the SMTP filter?