MSN phone and isa comparison

  • From: "William England" <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:05:19 +0200

You might recall the problem I sent in last week.

Well my laptop with msn 4.7 does not allow me to use the Phone facility
while at the office. Everyone seemed to indicate that the version number
is the problem. So I decided to take this laptop home and put it behind
my home ISA setup.

So I plugged in, ran ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew set the
firewall client to point to my home isa server and tried to connect to
MSN phone. TO my amazement it worked .

Is there someone who has a tool that will allow me to compare the two
ISA setups? Visually they look the same except for the item below and
that my home setup is SBS2000 (all one server) while office is split

The only visible difference is that my office setup has 'Ask
unauthenticated users for identification' checked in outgoing requests
while my home setup does not.

Thanks in advance

William