Re: MSN Messenger working with ISA Server

  • From: "F.D. Sijbrandij" <fokke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:01:59 +0100

Hi,

Try this link
http://www.smallbizserver.net/
and pres "Isa" on the left hand side.
It gives you a description on how to get msn working behind ISA server.

Please keep me posted if this solves the problem for you, because I'm still trying to get a few minor things working.

Br,
Fokke

At 05:08 4-2-03 -0700, you wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

People,

I have a major problem. I have ISA Server and 700 users who want to use
MSN messenger voice and video. The problem I have is that I cannot get it
to work. Basic chat works but the rest does not.

Now we / users are NOT in a domain and have disabled NETBIOS and have the
server locked down quite well. There are no usernames and passwords set on
the users machines. The network is purley there for Internet use and that
is it.

Can anyone help?? We have tried installing firewall clients and eachtime
the firewall client asks for a username and password for authentication.
Should it do this? And the it says, "ISA Server blah blah inaccessible".

Wot should one do???

Regards