RE: Logging Inbound Web Requests

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:25:31 -0800

Consider:
1. IIS logs the client address based on the TCP connection between it and the
actual client host
2. Regardless of what you send in the HTTP headers, IIS will continue to log
this data according to point #1

If you want ISA to log in W3C format, change it from MSDE (or SQL) to text.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org
   Read the help / books / articles!