Local proxy chaining

  • From: "Andreas Wiatowski" <ajw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 04:55:08 -0700

I am running SBS 2000. I recently aquired an Internet connection using a
Direcway satellite connection. The Direcway software has a special piece
of software for accessing a proxy server at the Hughes network operations
center to speed up satellite latency issues.  When I have ISA server
turned off I am able to direct my client browsers to port 83 rather than
8080 and have them take advantage of this software.  If I turn ISA server
on then my clients can't hit port 83, including the browser directly on
the server machine. Somehow ISA seems to take over port 83 or shut it
down.

Anybody run into a simular problem with other software?

Andreas