RE: L2TP with IPSec Tunnels

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:14:32 -0500

Fair enough and I do believe you Tom, I can see the three policies available
using the IPSec snap in, according to what I read, the documentation
suggests to use the "Server Security" policy, I have two questions, do I
need to ENABLE this policy? or is it used
automatically behind the scenes? and Second, could you provide any input as
to the nature of the event error that is logged and I
am receiving? event 20111 that states the negotiation time out when the
calling server attempts a connect? I see no activity when I use the IPSec
Monitor? I know I must be close in getting this to work but I need to
resolve this last remaining issue that seems to prevent
a successful connection.

Thank you hugely for all your advise and assistance Tom, for what it is
worth, you have proven to be a invaluable resource.