RE: Kazaa

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:23:53 -0600

Ok, I'll be honest, you don't want to know my knee jerk reaction to that
question is.
Have you google'd this question? Have you searched the archives? From
your statement, I take it you don't understand kazaa and k-lite. K-lite
is a cut down version (read: hacked) of kazaa such that it doesn't have
ad-ware and all the nasties. This means that they run the same ports
(unless configured otherwise). Google for what port(s) kazaa uses, block
them.
However,
Why don't you run a "deny all, except" policy? Only allow the basics of
what people need, and open up what else they need. Better to find
yourself having to open up ports (Much more secure) than to be closing
ports (waiting for a problem to happen).
Anyways, happy Monday. Welcome to work!. :-P

-- Kenny Mann
IT Tech / Systems Administrator / Network Administrator
C&D Robotics, Inc.
4780 South 23rd Street
Beaumont, TX 77705
Phone: (409)-840-5252